Skip to main content

Canopy & Stars

This morning I'm honoured to be featured on another blog, Canopy & Stars, writing about my stay in a gypsy caravan when the man proposed to me.  Very appropriate that it's been published today given it's the day of romance and gestures and lovey dovey hand holding. 

Clashes slightly with how today has gone so far (he forgot it was Valentines day and we left for work shouting at each other in the street as this is officially the 11th year running that he has forgotten and for some reason I was surprised he hadn't remembered and I didn't mean to make him feel bad *deep breath*).

We'll have forgotten all about it by the time we get in later and until then I'll be dreaming of an unforgettable weekend at The Old Forge in Dorset.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Friday

This week has been hard. It seems to have just been one long downward spiral which should've meant I woke up this morning feeling beyond hope.  Especially after the 4am nightmare where I drowned and then woke up in a hot sweat. But I woke up a lot more cheerful than I have been all week.  It's freezing cold and the 2 mile walk to the office from Charing Cross was painful but I got in and have found myself smiling all day.  Smiling when a client meeting was cancelled even though I got here early to do a lot of printing for it.  Still smiling after I can't book any rooms for a few more meetings I've scheduled for my boss this afternoon.  And I'll hopefully still be smiling at 17:28 when something urgent happens as it has a habit of doing last thing on a Friday. This weekend I will be trying hard not to stress out about how many words I've written (0) or how many weeks I have left until the film from hell is to be pitched again (38) or when it has to be compl...

Chipping away

This week I've been concentrating on a TV pilot I've written as part of my Masters.  I had a tutorial on Tuesday where I walked aways with 2 pages of scribbled notes and a head full of ideas. I normally leave those meetings in a state of panic, never sure where to start or how to take an axe to a draft of work that has taken me weeks but now needs refinement.  I let the panic rage for 2 days but as always it's started to settle and today I'm looking at my pen pot of red biros and highlighters and wondering if I should just start tackling the great reshape.  The structure is almost there but the characters need condensing.  I need to cull at least 3 peripheral voices and make the survivors more distinct.  I need to cut my slug lines down from poetic theatrical essays to 2 lines of action.  I need a tagline (I should've had this before I started writing) and a definite genre - not the 3 that I'm interchanging at will....

Today

It's a beautiful day today.  A day for putting the washing outside to dry.  Pulling the wellies on and marching across a Kentish field in search of a pub garden.  A day for weeding the patio and cleaning the windows.  Shaking out the curtains and chasing the cat round the garden. A day for doing anything other than writing at least ten pages of script...No motivation left at all.